Reasons to have your own backyard chickens
1. Eat Fresh Eggs - What's better than fresh eggs?
2. Keep Pets that Live Outside - A bit dirty but that's why they stay outside.
3. Teach Responsibility - The kids have learned so much about taking care of the chickens.
4. Create a Self-Sustaining Life - You don't have to go to the store for eggs anymore!!!
5. Old-Fashioned Entertainment - Chickens are fun to watch and even play with. Once you earn their trust they act more like a family pet.
6. Enrich Your Garden - They eat bugs and fertilize the ground and eat the bugs. Less work for you. Just keep them out once you have planted.
7. Earn A Little Money - Sell some eggs. Going to need a large flock. The 3 we have produces enough to feed the family.
8. Reduce Waste - Chickens love veggies. Throw them your scraps to reduce wast and cost of feed.
9. Teach Science Lessons - So many lessons can be learned.
10. Eat fresh eggs - So great it made the list twice. once you have your first egg you will never want to go back to store bought.